I have no words. My head hurts thinking about it all. I have no idea what the week ahead, the month ahead will entail.
Here is what I do know…
- you will not get to attend accepted students days… after working your tail off to get into college and finding the school that works for you.
- you will miss out on these days with your best friends at school… after finally finding your people.
- you may not have a senior prom… after asking one of your best friends to go with you.
- you may not have a graduation… after spending years upon years working hard to achieve.
I believe you deserve all these things and more.
Here is what else I know…
- we will stay home and protect those we love to ensure that they stay safe.
- we will learn virtually and make the best of this difficult situation.
- we will celebrate you… I don’t care when or how or where… but we will celebrate every single accomplishment from the past 13 years of formal schooling.