This week was hard. For many, many reasons. One reason, another reason, and even more I didn’t write about. I’m exhausted. I haven’t left work yet. We have plans tonight and the thought of going out makes me want to cry. SO before I pack my bag with my weekend work, I decided to get my slice completed so what happened last night, doesn’t happen tonight.
So while I might dwell on the negative, I’m told that you can’t feel anxiety and gratitude at the same time… so I am going to give it a try. I need to let go of the week and move on.
- I am grateful for the way I ended my day/week with my students by participating in an activity called ‘Mingle Mingle’ shared with me by Mel Meehan.
- I am grateful for my ‘village’ that helped me get through an incredibly challenging day on Monday.
- I am grateful for the many texts and ‘check ins’ from friends near and dear to my heart.
- I am grateful for the luxury of a heating pad.
- I am grateful for friends that are more like family.
- I am grateful for my many colleagues that challenge me intellectually and professionally each and every day.
- I am grateful that I have only one writing task to grade this weekend.
- I am grateful that my plans are done for next week.
- I am grateful for having plans to see dear friends tonight AND tomorrow night.
- I am grateful that I have not had chronic back pain today.
- I am grateful for ‘boyfriend styled’ jeans.
- I am grateful for all that I have even in the darkest times. I am blessed.